Empowering Communities Through Sustainable Waste Management
At Fibre Circle, we are committed to making a positive impact on the environment and the communities we serve. Our Zithande Mzansi programme is a testament to this commitment, as it seeks to promote knowledge and awareness of sustainable waste management practices. Through this initiative, we aim to reach out to three key groups: schools, businesses, and communities.
In our pursuit of a cleaner and greener South Africa, Fibre Circle has joined hands with various partners, including the Government of Mpumalanga, Infinite Industries, and Food & Trees for Africa. Together, we are working towards a sustainable future for all.
Government of Mpumalanga
In our pursuit of sustainable waste management, Fibre Circle is proud to collaborate with the Government of Mpumalanga. Together, we work towards creating initiatives that support environmentally-conscious practices across the region.
Infinite Industries: Building Dignity
Fibre Circle’s collaboration with Infinite Industries is focused on a project that aims to build five ablution blocks for underprivileged schools in rural communities. These ablution blocks are constructed using by-products from manufacturing and recycling processes of post-consumer paper and paper packaging. The project will initially take place in three schools, with plans for further expansion.
One of our key objectives is to pilot our dignity project in the Mpumalanga region, specifically in schools that still rely on pit toilets. We believe that access to safe and hygienic sanitation facilities is a fundamental right, and through this partnership, we are striving to improve the lives and well-being of students in these communities.
Food & Trees for Africa: Nurturing a Healthier Planet
Food & Trees for Africa (FTFA) is a Section 21 Non-Profit Organisation that shares our vision for a healthier planet and sustainable living. Our partnership with FTFA is built on a strong foundation of shared values and principles, which include:
- Education & Skills: We believe in empowering individuals and communities with the knowledge and skills needed to make informed decisions about environmental sustainability and food security.
- Indigenous Knowledge Systems: Recognizing the value of indigenous knowledge in preserving our environment and promoting sustainable practices.
- Planetary & People: Our actions are guided by a commitment to the well-being of both the planet and its inhabitants, as we work towards a harmonious coexistence.
- Environmental Ethics: Upholding the highest ethical standards in our efforts to protect and preserve the environment.
- Sustainable Food Security Development: Ensuring that communities have access to nutritious food while promoting responsible agricultural practices.
Together with FTFA, we are dedicated to improving lives and landscapes, fostering healthy people on a healthier planet. Through our collaborative efforts, we aspire to create a more sustainable and environmentally-conscious South Africa.