The new fees will come into effect from the beginning of Quarter 1 of 2022 (1 January 2022).
Invoices are payable within 30 days from date of invoice. Our appreciation is extended to those members who, never-the-less, pay on receipt of Invoice, and this additional support is most welcome.
- The fees have been calculated based on current levels of collection and ease of recycling and will be payable for each tonne of paper and paper packaging placed onto the South African market, whether manufactured locally or imported as primary or second packaging.
- The fees have also been calculated to include the cost for the implementation of subsidy, collection, training and awareness programmes, as well as infrastructure expansion and municipal collaboration.
- The fees will be charged to producers that have registered with Fibre Circle.
- Producers are only liable to pay a fee if they place more than a cumulative 10 tonnes of identified products onto the market on an annual basis.
- If a producer reports less than 10 tonnes per quarter, they will only be invoiced once the annual cumulative threshold of 10 tonnes has been reached.